!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Red Fort violence: Most wanted person arrested, says Delhi Police
A most wanted person in Red Fort violence case, Maninder Singh, arrested by Delhi Police Special Cell near Pitam Pura yesterday. Two swords recovered from his house in Swaroop Nagar. Further interrogation of the accused is underway: Delhi Police
I thank Govt of India for a lifetime experience in serving Puducherry as its Lt Governor. I also thank all who worked with me closely. I can say with a deep sense of satisfaction that during this tenure ‘Team Raj Nivas’ diligently worked to serve the larger public interest.
– Kiran Bedi
Bengaluru: 40 students test Covid positive
40 out of the 210 students studying at Manjushree College of Nursing in Bengaluru have tested positive for COVID-19: N Manjunath Prasad, BBMP Commissioner
103 people from one Bengaluru apartment complex test Covid positive
103 people at SNN Raj Lakeview apartment in Bommanahalli, Bengaluru tested positive for COVID-19. They had organised a program at the apartment and tested positive in the COVID test they underwent later. 96 of the 103 people are above the age of 60: BBMP Commissioner
Delhi’s air quality
Delhi’s air quality continues to remain in ‘very poor’ category with overall AQI standing at 332, as per System of Air Quality & Weather Forecasting & Research
Fuel prices in Delhi
Petrol and diesel prices increase by 25 paise each in Delhi to stand at Rs 89.54/litre and Rs 79.95/litre respectively.
Meghalaya govt slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 7 approx
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma has informed that the prices of petrol and diesel will be reduced by Rs 7 approximately in the state.
- “Both prices of petrol and diesel will be reduced by approximately by Rs 7. It is being done to give some relief to the consumers,” CM said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel had reached Rs 91.26 per litre and Rs 84.23 per litre in the state.
UN releases $15 million to fight Ebola in Guinea and Congo
- The United Nations announced Tuesday it is releasing $15 million from its emergency relief fund to help Guinea and Congo combat new outbreaks of Ebola.
- This is the first time that Ebola has been recorded in Guinea since an outbreak that ended in 2016. The West African nation officially declared it had an Ebola epidemic after at least three people died and four others became infected.
- Neighboring Sierra Leone and Liberia have put their citizens on high alert because of the situation in Guinea. The three nations battled the world’s deadliest Ebola outbreak from 2014 to 2016, which began in Guinea and in which more than 11,300 people died.
Jagan Reddy conferred SKOCH CM of the Year Award
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has been conferred Chief Minister of the Year Award by SKOCH Group.
- The award was given to Reddy based on a year-long study of governance projects in Andhra Pradesh, according to a release issued by the SKOCH group on Tuesday.
- The award was conferred on him by Sameer Kochhar, Chairman, SKOCH Group personally in Vijaywada.
Rahul Gandhi to visit poll-bound Puducherry today
- As Puducherry Assembly polls are slated to be held later this year, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will visit the Union Territory on Wednesday.
- During the visit, the former Congress chief will interact with the people of Puducherry.
Govt school in Ludhiana closed as 15 students, staff members contract COVID-19
- The Deputy Commissioner of Ludhiana has ordered the closure of Government Senior Secondary School, Chaunta till March 2 after two staff members and 15 students tested positive for COVID-19.
- All infected students and staff members have been sent into isolation.
- In Punjab, students from Class 5 to 12 are going to school since January 7 with COVID-19 protocols in place.