!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Former LG Kiran Bedi and Centre colluded with the Opposition and tried to topple the government. As our MLAs stayed united we managed to pull off the last five years. The Centre has betrayed the people of Puducherry by not granting funds we requested
– V Narayanasamy, Puducherry Chief Minister
Puducherry: Chief Minister seeks vote
Chief Minister V Narayanasamy has sought a vote of confidence, insisting he has a majority in the assembly despite multiple party members quitting in the past few days.
Boeing recommends airlines suspend use of some 777s
Boeing Co said it recommended suspending the use of 777 jets with the same type of engine that shed debris over Denver at the weekend after U.S. regulators announced extra inspections and Japan suspended their use while considering further action. The moves involving Pratt & Whitney 4000 engines came after a United Airlines 777 landed safely at Denver International Airport on Saturday local time after its right engine failed. United said the next day it would voluntarily and temporarily remove its 24 active planes, hours before Boeing’s announcement.
Demonstrations against rising prices in multiple cities
In Chennai, a protest against rising LPG prices saw an appearance from DMK MP Dayanidhi Maran, while a demonstration was taken out in the Bhopal – by Congress leaders PC Sharma, Jitu Patwari and Kunal Chaudhary – against rising petrol/diesel prices.
South Korea’s doctors are threatening a strike
Healthcare workers are scheduled to receive the first batch of AstraZeneca’s vaccine from Friday, as South Korea looks to protect 10 million high-risk people by July, on its way to reaching herd immunity by November. But over the weekend, the Korean Medical Association (KMA), the largest grouping of doctors, said it would go on strike if parliament passed the bill to revoke the licences of doctors getting jail terms.
Maharashtra minister Chhagan Bhujbal tests positive for COVID-19
Puducherry floor test
CM V.Narayanasamy reaches assembly where he will face the floor test today. Two more resignations on Sunday from the ruling alliance have put pressure on the Narayanasamy govt to prove that it enjoys a majority in a house whose effective strength is now reduced to 26.
RaGa slams Modi govt on rising fuel prices
पेट्रोल पम्प पर गाड़ी में तेल डालते समय जब आपकी नज़र तेज़ी से बढ़ते मीटर पर पड़े, तब ये ज़रूर याद रखिएगा कि कच्चे… https://t.co/ILzngHTwGF
— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) 1613966089000
We are going for the floor test today. Till now, we have the majority
– RKR Anantharaman, Chief Whip Puducherry
I am supporting the existing government. I don’t want to change my opinion. I think the existing minister will not have majority support in the assembly
– V Ramachandran, Independent MLA (MAHE constituency) at Puducherry Assembly
India reports 14,199 new Covid19 cases, 9,695 discharges, and 83 deaths in the last 24 hours: Union Health Ministry
- Total cases: 1,10,05,850
- Total discharges: 1,06,99,410
- Death toll: 1,56,385
- Active cases: 1,50,055
- Total Vaccination: 1,11,16,854
The budget session of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly commences today with adherence to COVID19 guidelines. The session will continue till March 26: ANI
Sensex up 48 points in opening trade, currently at 50,938; Nifty at 14,996
Puducherry assembly to hold floor test today
Puducherry CM V.Narayanasamy leaves for the Legislative Assembly from his residence Puducherry assembly to hold f… https://t.co/LupDHDZNxn
— ANI (@ANI) 1613964683000
NRIs in US support farm laws: ANI
USA: NRIs of the San Francisco Bay Area organised a car rally on 21st February, in support of the Government of Ind… https://t.co/ebt0foOwCg
— ANI (@ANI) 1613964437000
Rahul Gandhi to visit Wayanad today: Congress
BJP suspends primary membership of party’s Jaitpur division president Vijay Tripathi after media reports of a case against him in an alleged rape case in Shahdol
PM on Assam, WB itinerary
Leaving for Assam and West Bengal to inaugurate various projects. They will add momentum to India’s development jou… https://t.co/YRwVLNfodw
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1613961587000
New international travel rules to be applicable from today
- All international travellers will have to submit a self-declaration form on Air Suvidha portal before their scheduled travel.
- International passengers will also have to upload a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR report 3.
- The test should have been conducted within 72 hours prior to the journey 4.
- International travellers arriving through seaports/land ports will also have to undergo the same protocol, however, the facility for online registration is not available for such passengers at the moment.
- While boarding all passengers shall be advised to download the Aarogya Setu app on their mobile devices.
- At the time of boarding the flight, only asymptomatic travellers will be allowed to board after thermal screening.Suitable precautionary measures such as environmental sanitation and disinfection shall be ensured at the airports.
- During boarding all possible measures to ensure physical distancing are to be ensured.
- For those who have to take connecting flights, airlines should keep the passengers informed about the need for transit time of a minimum 6-8 hours at the entry airport (in India) for the required testing and other procedures while booking the tickets for connecting flights.
- On Arrival Airlines should identify the international travellers arriving from/transiting through the United Kingdom, Brazil and South Africa (during past 14 days) and segregate them in-flight or while disembarking to facilitate the authorities to follow the due protocol in respect of these travellers.
- All travellers arriving from/transiting through flights originating in the United Kingdom, Europe or Middle East shall be mandatorily subjected to self-paid confirmatory molecular tests on arrival at the Indian airports concerned (port of entry).
- The state-wise passenger manifest of the flights originating from Europe and Middle East and landing at Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Chennai airports in India for the said period shall be conveyed by the Bureau of Immigration to State Government/Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme.
- International travellers on short stay (of less than 14 days) and who have tested negative and remain symptom free, shall undergo all the procedures as above and shall be permitted to leave India under proper intimation to their District/State health authorities, subject to them fulfilling the requirement of the airlines and destination country.
FIR against 8 Twitter handles in Unnao case
- The Unnao police, on Sunday, lodged an FIR against eight Twitter handles and its users, including @themojostory run by senior journalist Barkha Dutt, on charges of spreading “misleading information” in connection with the recovery of the bodies of two minor girls in Baburha village of the district.
- The other handles against whom the FIR has been lodged include @BhimSenaChief (run by Nawab Satpal Tanwar), @NilimDutta, @janjagranlive, @SurajKrBaudh (spokesperson, Azad Samaj Party), @vijayambedkarUP, Abhaykumarazad97, and @Rahuldiwkr. (Source: IANS)
Train service to resume after 11 months in Kashmir: Report
254 farmers have died in ongoing protests so far: Farmers’ union
In 89 days of farmers' protest over 254 farmers have lost their precious lives. Why is govt. becoming negligent… https://t.co/qtVeSMtEmv
— Kisan Ekta Morcha (@Kisanektamorcha) 1613957404000
Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express moved past Andheri yesterday without stopping for scheduled halt. It was brought to notice of higher officials & an unscheduled halt was arranged at Dadar where around 42 passengers deboarded. Matter is being enquired: Western Railway
The United States will continue to take firm action against those who perpetrate violence against the people of Burma as they demand the restoration of their democratically elected government. We stand with the people of Burma
– US Secretary of State Antony Blinken
UK aims to offer a COVID-19 vaccine jab to every adult by end of July
– UK PM Boris Johnson
US coronavirus death toll to soon cross 500,000 milestone
- The first known deaths from the virus in the US happened in early February 2020
- The toll hit 200,000 deaths in September and 300,000 in December.
- Then it took just over a month to go from 300,000 to 400,000 and about two months to climb from 400,000 to the brink of 500,000.
3 people killed, 2 injured, in shooting at gun store in Louisiana, USA
Caution thrown to the wind
Maharashtra: People flout social distancing norms at Sitabuldi main road in Nagpur today. #COVID19 https://t.co/EgL1bRqMi0
— ANI (@ANI) 1613926530000
India sends 13 boxes of COVID-19 vaccine to Mongolia
PM Modi to visit Assam & West Bengal today
- He’ll dedicate to the nation important projects of the oil & gas sector in an event organized in Dhemaji, Assam.
- Later, he will inaugurate several railway projects in Hooghly, West Bengal. (ANI)