!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Unidentified people fire bullets at security forces in Baghat Barzulla of Srinagar district in Kashmir.
Terrorists attacked a police party in Barzulla area of district Srinagar. In this terror incident, 2 policemen got injured. They have been shifted to a hospital for treatment. Area cordoned off. Further details shall follow: Kashmir Zone Police
Delhi CP on 2020 north east Delhi violence:
- You’re aware of riots which culminated in 53 deaths & 581 injuries. Riots reached peak on 24th-25th Feb last year. We registered 755 FIRs. We made it a point that no one should have any grievance for their complaint not to be acknowledged.
- 3 SITs were created, all the important cases – around 60 – were transferred to them. One case was registered for unearthing the conspiracy behind the riots which was investigated by Special Cell & remaining cases were investigated by the North East district Police.
IGP Lucknow Range on Unnao case
“6 teams formed, they’ve been given different tasks & further investigation is on. SP Unnao himself is monitoring these teams. Postmortem report has revealed several things & we are heading in the right direction. We hope to get a breakthrough soon.”
Toolkit case: HC asks media not to broadcast leaked investigation material as it could affect probe
Toolkit case: HC says some media coverage of the matter indicates sensationalism, prejudicial reporting related to FIR against Disha Ravi
Toolkit case: HC says police can hold press briefings in accordance with the law
Toolkit case: HC asks media to ensure only verified content is publicised and it does not hamper probe in FIR against activist Disha Ravi
Toolkit case: HC declines to order at this stage removal of any news content or tweets by police
Uttarakhand: Meeting over 2021 Haridwar Kumbh Mela underway
Meeting over 2021 Haridwar Kumbh Mela underway at Police HQ in Dehradun with UP, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Chandigarh, NIA & others. State DGP Ashok Kumar discussing crowd control, transportation & police deployment with State officials
India, China disengagement at both banks of Pangong completed: Sources
PM Modi addresses convocation ceremony of Visva Bharati University
The new National Education Policy is a major step towards Atmanirbhar Bharat. It gives strength to research and innovation.
Launch of SAHARA
DG BSF Rakesh Asthana & National Commission for Protection Of Child Rights Chairman Priyank Kanoongo launch SAHARA, a toll-free tele-counselling service for children of BSF personnel who have laid their lives in the line of duty.
India and China to hold 10th round of talks tomorrow: Sources
India and China to hold 10th round of Corps Commander level talks at 10 am tomorrow on the Chinese side of the LAC in Moldo. The two sides will discuss disengagement from other friction points after disengagement from both Northern & Southern banks of Pangong Lake: Army sources (ANI)
Free eye check-up camps to be held across state: Goa CM
- “Vision for All’ eye camps will be held all over the State as part of governments effort to reduce chances of blindness among the people, stated Goa Chief Minister, Dr Pramod Sawant on Thursday at Ravindra Bhavan, Margao.
- He said that camps conducted under the project have helped the Government identify many people with vision difficulties and provide prompt treatment to those who were on verge of losing their vision.
Two youths die of electrocution in UP
- Two youths died of electrocution and another suffered serious burn injuries when they came in contact with a high-voltage wire in the Rasra Kotwali area here, police said on Friday.
- The three were part of a procession going for the immersion of an idol being taken in a van that had DJ system installed over it on Thursday, they said.
- When the van was passing through the Pilani Majha area of Sultanpur village, it came across an overhanging high-voltage wire. The three youths tried to raise the wire to allow a safe passage for the van but in turn got electric shocks, police said.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is carrying out raids at 13 locations in West Bengal – in Purulia, Bankura, Burdwan and Kolkata – in connection with coal scam.
PM Narendra Modi takes part in the convocation ceremony of Visva-Bharati University, via video conferencing
Toolkit Case: Additional Solicitor General SV Raju appearing for Delhi Police denies the allegations of leakage of information
Toolkit Case: Hearing begins in Delhi HC on Disha Ravi’s plea
Hearing begins in Delhi HC on Disha Ravi’s plea seeking direction to Delhi Police not to leak any investigation material in relation to the FIR filed against her to any third party including the media. Senior Advocate Akhil Sibbal is appearing for Disha Ravi.
Kumbh Mela preparations underway
- Kumbh Mela Officer in Charge Deepak Rawat told ANI, “Our front line workers posted on duty are to be administered with COVID vaccine compulsorily. Visitors should have Coronavirus negative report, issued not earlier than 72 hours,”
- “The construction of permanent and temporary amenities is underway. Work at ghats, Astha path and toilet construction has been completed. The work on bridges is going on,” he said.
- He also said that crowd control during Mukhya Snan is the biggest challenge that the police is expecting to face. “Crowd ‘Hold ups’ are in place and markings at Ghats has been done to manage the crowd,” he said.
500 booked for flouting COVID-19 norms at birthday party
- Police have registered a case against around 500 people for allegedly violating the COVID-19 norms by gathering for a birthday celebration at Dombivli in Maharashtra’s Thane district, officials said.
- The birthday party was held during the intervening night of February 17 and 18 at Deslepada, the Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) said in a statement on Thursday.
Yog Guru Ramdev releases ‘the first evidence-based medicine for COVID-19 by Patanjali’.
Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan and Union Minister Nitin Gadkari also present at the event. (ANI)
PM addresses India-Australia Circular Economy Hackathon
- This hackathon saw innovative solutions from India & Australia. These innovations will inspire our countries in taking circular economy solutions. We must now also explore ways to scale & incubate these ideas.
- The concept of the circular economy can be a key step in solving many of our problems. Recycling, reusing, eliminating waste and improving resource efficiency must become part of our lifestyle.
Rahul Gandhi gives shoulder to the mortal remains of party leader Captain Satish Sharma
Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi gives shoulder to the mortal remains of party leader Captain Satish Sharma who… https://t.co/SIDcv7TaZo
— ANI (@ANI) 1613709317000
Unnao case: Last rites of two girls to be held in Asoha today
Police and local administration deployed at the site.
India reports 13,193 new COVID-19 cases,10,896 discharges, and 97 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per Union Health Ministry
- Total cases: 1,09,63,394
- Total discharges: 1,06,67,741
- Death toll: 1,56,111
- Active cases: 1,39,542
- Total Vaccination: 1,01,88,007
Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari pays floral tribute to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on the occasion of his birth anniversary
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari pays floral tribute to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on the occasi… https://t.co/3lwstleLUT
— ANI (@ANI) 1613706393000
Sensex drops 224.07 points to 51,100.62 in opening session; Nifty slips 66.95 points to 15,052.
Uttarakhand glacier burst: Search still on
Search and rescue operation continues at Tapovan tunnel in Joshimath of Chamoli district. 62 bodies and 28 body parts retrieved so far as per Chamoli Police. (ANI)
Jammu & Kashmir: Three LeT terrorists neutralised in Shopian
China officially admits five military officers, soldiers killed in Galwan clash with Indian Army
- Five Chinese military officers and soldiers were killed in last year’s Galwan Valley clash in eastern Ladakh with the Indian Army, China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) officially acknowledged for the first time on Friday.
- Five Chinese frontier officers and soldiers stationed in the Karakoram Mountains have been recognised by the Central Military Commission of China (CMC) for their sacrifice in the border confrontation with India, which occurred in the Galwan Valley in June 2020, the PLA Daily, the official newspaper of the Chinese military reported on Friday.
- Those killed included Qi Fabao, the regimental commander from the PLA Xinjiang Military Command, state-un Global Times quoted PLA Daily report as saying.
COVID-19: After WHO’s probe in Wuhan, China calls for origin tracing in US
- Following the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) remarks on the origin of coronavirus in China’s Wuhan city, Beijing has now urged the global health body to do an origin-tracing study of the virus in the United States.
- “(We hope) that following China’s example, the US side will act in a positive, science-based and cooperative manner on the origin-tracing issue (and) invite WHO experts in for an origin-tracing study,” Wang Wenbin, Foreign Ministry spokesman, last week.
- This comes after a team of WHO experts, who investigated the origin of the COVID-19 in Wuhan, had said that there is no evidence of coronavirus circulation in any animal species in China.
Fuel prices in Delhi
Petrol and diesel prices in Delhi stand at Rs 90.19 per litre (increase by 31 paise) and Rs 80.60 per litre (increase by 33 paise), respectively
FIR against 2 nurses for death of 10 newborns in Bhandara hospital fire
- An FIR has been registered against two nurses for criminal negligence on their part in connection with the Bhandara hospital fire incident which claimed the lives of 10 newborns last month, said Maharashtra Director General of Police (DGP) Hemant Nagrale on Thursday.
- Earlier, a panel had submitted a report on the incident. On the basis of that, Bhandara district surgeon Dr Pramod Khandate was suspended and additional district surgeon Dr Sunila Bade was transferred.
- As many as 10 newborn children had died in a fire that broke in the Sick Newborn Care Unit at Bhandara General Hospital on January 9, officials said.
RT-PCR test mandatory for passenger coming to Pune from Kerala
- Amid a surge in COVID-19 cases, the Pune Municipal Corporation has issued an order making it mandatory for passengers arriving from Kerala to undergo RT-PCR test on arrival.
- “In last 8-10 days, the number of patients has been increasing but the situation is not worrisome. We are on alert. We have decided to increase COVID-19 testing. We may bring strict COVID-19 rules if the number of cases rises,” Pune Mayor Murlidhar Mohol said.
- The Union Health Ministry on Thursday informed Kerala and Maharashtra alone account for 75% of new cases, 72% of new recovered cases and 55% of new deaths.
Jharkhand allows 100% attendance in govt offices
- The Jharkhand government has mandated 100% attendance in all government offices and allowed schools to reopen for students of Classes 8, 9, and 11 from March 1 with COVID-19 protocols in place.
- Attendance of students is not mandatory but they would need the permission of parents to attend classes. Institutes of higher learning and coaching institutes have also been allowed to reopen, according to the Jharkhand Chief Minister’s Office.
- The state government further said that the ban on public processions will continue. Gatherings have been permitted up to a maximum of 50% of the hall capacity, while in open spaces 1000 people allowed to gather. Cinema halls have been allowed to reopen with 50% seating capacity.
NASA rover lands on Mars to look for signs of ancient life
- A NASA rover streaked through the orange Martian sky and landed on the planet Friday, accomplishing the riskiest step yet in an epic quest to bring back rocks that could answer whether life ever existed on Mars.
- The landing marks the third visit to Mars in just over a week. Two spacecraft from the United Arab Emirates and China swung into orbit around Mars on successive days last week. All three missions lifted off in July to take advantage of the close alignment of Earth and Mars, journeying some 300 million miles in nearly seven months.
- Perseverance, the biggest, most advanced rover ever sent by NASA, became the ninth spacecraft since the 1970s to successfully land on Mars, every one of them from the U.S.
Andhra CM announces ten-time hike in cash award for gallantry awardees from state
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced a ten-time hike in cash award for the Armed Forces personnel from the state who will win gallantry medals.
- According to an official release, the cash award for winners of Param Vir Chakra and Ashoka Chakra are now getting Rs 10 lakhs and it will be increased to Rs 1 crore. For Maha Vir Chakra and Keerti Chakra, the number of State incentives will be increased from Rs 8 lakhs to Rs 80 lakhs.
- For the Armed personnel from the State winning Veer Chakra and Sowrya Chakra the cash award will be increased from Rs 6 lakhs to Rs 60 lakhs. The kin of all armed personnel from the State who lay down their lives in the line of duty will be given Rs 50 lakhs.
Maharashtra minister urges UP govt to airlift Unnao victim to Mumbai for treatment
- Maharashtra Energy Minister Nitin Raut on Thursday requested the Uttar Pradesh government to airlift the girl, who was found lying unconscious in Unnao and later hospitalised, to Mumbai for treatment.
- “I am disturbed with the incident in Unnao. It seems like there is nothing left in Uttar Pradesh, except “Jungle Raj”. On one side, BJP is raising ‘beti bachao’ slogans while on the other side cases of atrocities against women are increasing in the BJP-ruled Uttar Pradesh. Two daughters have died while one is undergoing treatment,” Raut said.
- He said that that the Maharashtra government will bear the treatment expenses of the girl.