!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Daily activities in Birbhum district, Bengal remain unaffected amid a 12-hour bandh call
#WestBengal: Day-to-day activities in Birbhum district remain unaffected amid a 12-hour bandh call by Left Front in… https://t.co/UeWDs5kSN1
— ANI (@ANI) 1613106143000
Schools in West Bengal reopened today for classes 9 to 12, following COVID-19 protocols
Kolkata: Schools in West Bengal today reopened for classes 9 to 12, following COVID19 protocols https://t.co/qBpEjIaGIm
— ANI (@ANI) 1613113106000
UK office for national statistics says GDP for the year fell by nearly 10%, more than twice as much as the previous largest annual fall on record
Cattle and Coal scam
Enforcement Directorate conducts search at the residential premises of TMC leader Vinay Mishra
Congress planning nationwide protest against soaring fuel prices: Chennithala
The Congress is planning a nationwide protest against the increasing fuel prices, senior party leader Ramesh Chennithala said as he attacked the BJP-led government at the Centre over the soaring prices of diesel and petrol.
Centre tells Supreme Court that the President of India has started the process of examining the mercy pleas filed on behalf of Balwant Singh Rajoana
- He was awarded death sentence for the assassination of the then Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh in 1995.
- Supreme Court gives Centre six more weeks to decide mercy pleas on behalf of Balwant Singh Rajoana.
Telangana reported 143 new COVID-19 cases, 152 recoveries, and 1 death on 11th February
Total cases reported as per the latest update 2,96,277
Total recoveries 2,92,848
Death toll 1,614
Active cases in the state 1,815
Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge to succeed Ghulam Nabi Azad as Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha
- The post will fall vacant with the upcoming retirement of MP Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- Mallikarjun Kharge was the leader of the Congress party in Lok Sabha from 2014 to 2019.
People injured in supermarket explosion in Russia’s Vladikavkaz
- A powerful explosion rocked a supermarket in Russia’s Vladikavkaz
- Explosion left some people injured, a spokesman for emergency services told Sputnik
- According to the spokesman, the one-story building was destroyed completely
Former MD & CEO of ICICI Bank Chanda Kochhar arrives at Mumbai Sessions Court after she was summoned in ICICI Bank-Videocon loan case
Siliguri: Schools for classes 9 to 12 resume from today in West Bengal
Siliguri: Schools for classes 9 to 12 resume from today in West Bengal https://t.co/CaPzzHFPIk
— ANI (@ANI) 1613106409000
This Budget shows a hope to build new India, a stronger India and to build a self-reliant India. It will set us on the path of becoming an economic and manufacturing powerhouse.
– MoS Finance Anurag Thakur in Rajya Sabha
Australia to introduce landmark Google, Facebook legislation to parliament next week
- The legislation will force Alphabet’s Google and Facebook to pay publishers and broadcasters for content next week.
- Australia is on course to become the first country to require Facebook and Google to pay for news content.
- The legislation is being closely watched around the world.
Japan govt to seek to block Kawabuchi as Tokyo 2020 Mori’s replacement
- Yoshiro Mori is to resign over sexist remarks that have sparked outrage in Japan and abroad.
- Mori told officials of his wish to step down and intends to announce his resignation at a meeting of Games organisers on Friday.
Priyanka Gandhi to visit Bijnor, Meerut on February 15
Salman Khan gets relief in Blackbuck poaching case
India reports 9,309 new COVID19 cases, 15,858 discharges, and 87 deaths in the last 24 hours
Total cases: 1,08,80,603
Total discharges: 1,05,89,230
Death toll: 1,55,447
Active cases: 1,35,926
Total Vaccination: 75,05,010
Rajya Sabha proceedings chaired by M Venkaiah Naidu begin for the day
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will reply on Budget discussion in the House today.
Sensex up 128 points in opening trade, currently at 51,659; Nifty at 15,206
It is the responsibility of the Prime Minister to protect the territory of this country. How he does it is his problem, not mine.
– Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
The PM is a coward who cannot stand up to the Chinese. He is spitting on the sacrifice of our army. He is betraying the sacrifice of our army. Nobody in India should be allowed to do it.
– Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
Yesterday, Defence Minister made a statement on the situation in Eastern Ladakh. Now, we find our troops are now going to be stationed at Finger 3. Finger 4 is our territory. Now, we’ve moved from Finger 4 to Finger3. Why has Mr Modi given up our territory to the Chinese.
– Rahul Gandhi