!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Police in Orange, California, south of Los Angeles, reported a shooting with “multiple victims at the scene including fatalities,” but said the situation has been “stabilized” with no further threat to the public: Reuters
Sensex rises 353.46 points, currently at 49,862.61. Nifty up by 101.10 points, currently at 14,791.80.
Uttarakhand: Devotees take holy dip at the Har Ki Pauri ghat in Haridwar as Kumbh Mela begins today
Uttarakhand: Devotees take holy dip at the Har Ki Pauri ghat in Haridwar as Kumbh Mela begins today https://t.co/3aDVv0EXlY
— ANI (@ANI) 1617246864000
India rolls back decision to cut interest rates on small savings
- Orders to cut rates to a more than four-decade low were issued due to oversight.
- “India shall continue to be at the rates which existed in the last quarter of 2020-2021, i.e., rates that prevailed as of March 2021,”
- “Orders issued by oversight shall be withdrawn,” she said.
I appeal to people to come out in large numbers to cast their vote as the whole country is looking at Nandigram. People are waiting to see if development or politics of appeasement will win here.
– Bharatiya Janata Party’s Nandigram candidate, Suvendu Adhikari
Interest rates of small savings schemes of GoI to continue at rates that existed in the last quarter of 2020-2021
Interest rates of small savings schemes of GoI shall continue to be at the rates which existed in the last quarter… https://t.co/CKQryM8yUN
— Nirmala Sitharaman (@nsitharaman) 1617243845000
Voting is underway, the situation is under control. People are hoping for development.
– BJP’s Nandigram candidate Suvendu Adhikari
A long queue of voters at a polling station in Hojai in the second phase of voting for Assam Assembly Polls
A long queue of voters at a polling station in Hojai in the second phase of voting for #AssamAssemblyPolls https://t.co/iQgl7JEb4Y
— ANI (@ANI) 1617242887000
Second phase of voting for Assembly elections in West Bengal and Assam begin
Voting for the second phase of Assam Assembly Polls to begin shortly
Voting for the second phase of #AssamAssemblyPolls to begin shortly Visuals from polling station 23-26 at Nowgong… https://t.co/cpLuV8HZBD
— ANI (@ANI) 1617238955000
West Bengal: Preparations underway at polling station 76 in Nandigram constituency, ahead of voting for the second phase.
March this year warmest in Delhi since 2010
The month of March in 2021 was the warmest in the last 11 years, informed an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Microsoft wins $22 billion deal making headsets for US Army
- Microsoft will supply U.S. Army combat troops with its augmented reality headsets.
- Microsoft and the Army separately announced the deal Wednesday.
- It is the technology is based on Microsoft’s HoloLens headsets, which were originally intended for the video game and entertainment industries.
John Kerry to travel to India, Bangladesh & UAE
Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry will travel to Abu Dhabi, New Delhi and Dhaka from April 1-9 to discuss the climate crisis, the State Department has announced.
Australian securities regulator bans sale of binary options to retail clients
Hong Kong does not warrant special US status as China dismantling its freedom
– Biden administration