!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
SC notice to Centre on pleas seeking guidelines for compensation to victims of wrongful prosecution & strict action against fake complainants in criminal cases
Sensex rises 280.15 pts to end at 50,051.44; Nifty advances 78.35 pts to 14,814.75
India’s Angad Vir Singh Bajwa and Ganemat Sekhon clinch gold medal in skeet mixed team event of shooting World Cup
Rupee falls 6 paise to close at 72.43 (provisional) against US dollar
Prayagraj: One dead and 6 injured following a broiler blast in IFFCO Phulpur
15 dead, 400 missing in Rohingya camp blaze in Bangladesh: UN
Bangladesh court sentences 14 Islamist militants for attempting to kill Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in 2000
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi says NYAY will be ‘tested’ in Kerala if UDF is voted to power
No problem in daily wages for tea workers: Sarbananda Sonowal
BJP in its small period enhanced daily wages by Rs 80. How many times did Congress increase the daily wages of tea labourers during their regime?: Assam CM & BJP leader Sarbananda Sonowal
Hiran murder case: ATS seizes high-end car from Daman
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has seized a high-end car from Daman in connection with the Mansukh Hiran murder case, an official said on Tuesday.
CAA is a central act and it’s to be implemented, while NRC will be corrected, it’s full of errors and can’t be accepted. We will bring an error free NRC and make sure that no illegal migrant is staying in the state
– Assam CM & BJP leader Sarbananda Sonowal
Maharashtra’s Amravati MP Navneet Ravi Rana wrote to PM Narendra Modi & Home Minister Amit Shah yesterday alleging that Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant threatened her in Parliament premises after she raised Sachin Waze case in the House
The reason why BJP will not be worshipped is that they worship riots. Riots will not be worshipped
– TMC chief & West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kashipur, Purulia
Kolkata: Swaraj Ghosh, BJP State Kisan Morcha Secretary Hooghly, Tollywood actors Payel Dey, Rezwan Rabbani Sheikh and Priya Paul join Trinamool Congress (TMC) in presence of state Minster Partha Chatterjee
Will take steps to make Assam flood-free: Rajnath Singh tells poll rally
We will not allow Bangladeshi infiltrators in Assam: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at poll rally
‘Pagdi Langar’ organised at Ghazipur border (Delhi-UP border) on the occasion of Shaheedi Diwas of Sukhdev, Bhagat Singh & Rajguru today
Farmers’ protest against Centre’s Farm Laws continues at the spot.
AIADMK candidate promises to give washing machine after winning elections
Tamil Nadu: AIADMK candidate Thanga Kathiravan from Nagapattinam washed people’s clothes and promised to give washing machine after winning elections during campaigning yesterday, reports ANI.
BJP govt is closing all central concerns; PM Modi’s ‘factory of lies’ alone will remain
– TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee
In Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, BJP government took away land rights from tribals. But our government has restored land rights of tribals
– TMC chief & West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Purulia
Moratorium judgement key points
- No compound interest/interest on interest/penal interest on any loan during moratorium period.
- SC says decision to waive off interest on interest only to Rs 2 cr loan accounts discriminatory; extends to all
- SC justifies decision on the ground that march 27th notification allowed loan account holders to defer payments during moratorium. Cannot be penalised.
- No further extension of moratorium beyond aug 31
- No further extension of resolution beyond Dec 31, 2020, as notified in rbi notification of Aug 6, 2020
- No further sectoral relief
- Huge relief for banking sector already plagued by bad loans and NPAs
- Court lifts stay on declaring borrowers accounts as NPAs
We will be instituting Tagore prize on the lines of Nobel Prize and Satyajit Ray Award on the lines of Oscars to pay tribute to the two sons of Bengal
– Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Gosaba
1st ODI: England win toss, choose to bowl
Sunderbans to be new district after BJP comes to power
– Union Home Minister Amit Shah at Gosaba rally
If voted to power in Bengal, we will spend Rs 2 lakh crore on Sunderbans region
– Union Home Minister Amit Shah at Gosaba rally
Another fight brewing between Maha govt and Centre: ATS apparently not handing over the Mansukh Hiren death probe to the NIA
Reports ET Bureau
‘Bhatija’ (Mamata’s nephew) and company swindled central money sent for Amphan relief
– Amit Shah at Gosaba rally
TMC writes to EC over harbouring of criminals by Suvendu Adhikari in Nandigram
There is a common minimum program for every alliance. Their (Maharashtra govt) common minimum program is collecting money through police which is not in people’s interest. Sharad Pawar (NCP chief) was defending an indefensible act
– Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
If he (Fadnavis) has the guts he should submit the data(publicly) then see whether there will be a case against him or not. This phone tap was done illegally
– Nawab Malik
Amit Shah addresses public meeting in Gosaba, West Bengal
SC adjourns plea by telecom majors seeking recomputation of AGR dues
There have been some reports of CPI (Maoist) inducting children in their outfits in Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh, using them for cooking, carrying daily use materials and collecting information regarding the movement of Security Forces. They are also imparted military training
– MHA in Lok Sabha
I will lodge a Police complaint (against Arvind Sawant): Maharashtra MP Navneet Rana
She had yesterday written to Lok Sabha Speaker alleging that Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant threatened her in Parliament premises after she raised Sachin Waze case in the House.
3,94,499 and 11,58,208 cyber security incidents observed during 2019 and 2020 respectively
As per the information reported to and tracked by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), 3,94,499 and 11,58,208 cybersecurity incidents have been observed during the years 2019 and 2020 respectively: Ministry of Home Affairs
The total no of NGO which received foreign contribution during the last 3 year in Bihar is 491: MoS Home Nityanand Rai in Lok Sabha
TCS says selected by Skanska as strategic partner in multi-year partnership
Supreme Court stays all proceedings pending before various High Courts for regulation and functioning of Over-the-top (OTT) platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar etc. by the government
LoP in Maharashtra Assembly and BJP leader, Devendra Fadnavis has sought time from Union Home Secretary to meet him and hand him over 6.3 GB of data of call recordings & some documents pertaining to alleged transfer posting racket of IPS and non-IPS officers of Maharashtra Police
As per police records of VIP movement, Anil Deshmukh went to Sahyadri Guest House on Feb 17 & Mantralaya on Feb 24. He was in home quarantine from Feb 15-27 but met officers, wasn’t in isolation. I feel Pawar Sahab wasn’t briefed properly yesterday
– Maharashtra LoP Devendra Fadnavis
S Jaishankar meets Afghan Foreign Minister Md Hanif Atmar
- Foreign Minister Md Hanif Atmar met his Indian counterpart,S Jaishankar on Monday to discuss expansion of bilateral relations,strengthening of regional&international consensus on Afghan peace talks,economic cooperation®ional connectivity:Ministry of foreign affairs Afghanistan
- The expansion of the Chabahar port, and enhancing trade between the two countries, considering these projects important for strengthening economic cooperation and regional stability: Ministry of foreign affairs Afghanistan
National Register of Citizens to be corrected in Assam: BJP chief J P Nadda, after releasing poll manifesto
SC says interest on interest charged so far will be adjusted in the next EMI and compound interest will be charged in cases of wilful default
Waiver of complete interest is not possible because they have to pay interest to depositors like account holders and pensioners said Supreme Court
SC says can’t issue more directions asking govt, RBI to do more on waiver of loan moratorium
- We have heard the respective parties in the case. It is neither in the domain of scope nor judicial review, said Justice MR Shah while reading out judgement on loan moratorium case in Supreme Court.
- Court won’t debate academic matters of trade and commerce. Not for us to decide if public policy could have been better. The government has its own constraint to handle the issue, said Justice MR Shah
- No writ of mandamus can be issued in the case. Centre can decide on it, said Justice MR Shah while reading out judgement on loan moratorium case in Supreme Court.
JP Nadda releases BJP’s poll manifesto for Assam
- We will build big reservoirs around Bramhaputra to conserve extra water under Bramhaputra vision to save the people from floods.
- 30 lakh deserving families will be paid financial support of Rs 3,000 per month under Orunodoi Scheme.
- We will stop illegal encroachments from Namghars and help them with Rs 2.5 lakh each for proper reconstruction.
- Under Mission Shishu Unnayan, we’re committed to provide quality education.
- For girl child after class VIII, we will provide cycles as well.
- To make Assam self-sufficient, we will start Assam Aahar Aatmanirbharta initiative will be started.
IPS Sanjay Pandey, DG Maharashtra State Security Corporation (MSSC) to approach Bombay HC challenging Director General of Police Maharashtra Rajnish Sheth’s appointment to the Mumbai CP’s post
Rupee rises 3 paise to 72.34 against US dollar in early trade
Indus water talks begin in Delhi
A delegation of officials from Pakistan arrived in Delhi yesterday.
YSR MP V Vijaysai Reddy has given Zero hour Notice in Rajya Sabha, “demand to stop disinvestment of Vizag steel plant and to revive Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL).”
BJP MP Sushil Modi has given Zero hour Notice in Rajya Sabha over allegations of an IPS officer against Home Minister of Maharashtra
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) MP Kanimozhi campaigns for party candidate Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi in Thiruverumbur
Delhi, Haryana, UP, Rajasthan likely to receive light to moderate rain: IMD
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday predicted light to moderate intensity rains over Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan in the next two hours.
Kerala polls: Former Congress leader Lathika Subhash to contest from Ettumanoor as independent candidate
Delhi: PM Narendra Modi arrives at the Parliament to participate in the BJP parliamentary party meeting
Maharashtra ATS (Anti-Terrorism Squad) has seized a Volvo Car from Daman in connection with Mansukh Hiren murder case
Congress MP Manish Tewari gives Adjournment Motion in Lok Sabha over the issue of coup-affected Myanmar
BJP releases list for WB polls
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) releases a list of 13 candidates for #WestBengalElections2021 https://t.co/aA7C1H6yhJ
— ANI (@ANI) 1616469049000
India’s envoy urges corporate sector to help realise full potential of India-US relationship
“If there is one message that I have for all of you today that is please help us realise the full potential of this relationship,” India’s Ambassador to the US Taranjit Singh Sandhu said in his address at the annual full board of directors meeting of the US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum (USISPF) on Monday.
Ten killed in US shooting at Colorado grocery store: police